Almond BiscottiPosted: August 26, 2012
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons milk
Method: Prep time: 15mins, Cooking time: 35mins
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt); add to creamed mixture. Stir in almonds.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide dough in half; spread into two 12-in. x 3-in. rectangles on paper. Brush with milk.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 300 degrees F.
- Lift rectangles with paper onto wire rack; cool for 15 minutes. Place on a cutting board; slice 1/2 in. thick.
- Place slices with cut side down on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn cookies over; bake 10 minutes more.
- Turn oven off, leaving cookies in oven with door ajar to cool. Store in airtight container.