Polenta with zucchini, Gorgonzola and walnutPosted: April 26, 2012
Written on Oct. 4, 2007
I kind of modified the old recipe and made this dish with what I had in the fridge. With the pre-cooked polenta sold in Trader Joe, this is a very fast and easy meal to make. I am pretty happy with this new recipe🙂. The only thing is, I bought Gorgonzola (a kind of blue cheese) to make this dish, but I guess blue cheese is still too strong for me….Next time I’ll switch to goat cheese or just some other milder ones…
- Half yellow onion, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- T.J. precooked polenta
- Some cheese (maybe goat cheese or other strong smell cheese)
- toasted walnut, chopped
- cayenne pepper (just some red chile pepper)
- sauté the onion with low heat until soft but not brown
- Add chopped zucchini, salt. When the zucchini is almost done, add a little bit polenta and water (to make it thick). Stir in cheese, pepper and chopped walnut after turning off the heat.
- Slice the T.J precooked polenta. In another pan, pan fry the polenta with medium to low heat until gold (probably 3-4 mins each side). Sprinkle some cayenne pepper on the polenta during pan-frying.
- Top the fried polenta with the zucchni-cheese-walnut gravy. Done!