起司蛋糕與莓子醬 Cheesecake and berry saucePosted: April 26, 2012
Written on Jan. 05, 2009
This cake is probably my most famous dish. I got this recipe from my aunt Liza , who is a great cook. The first time I visited her and uncle Samuel, I gained 10 pounds in just 1.5 months (well I was only 12 back then I was not figure-conscious at all:) ). This cake was also my first try on baking. It was such a great success at the first time and since then there is no return for my love of baking.
- 1 cookie crust
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar (I actually usually use less)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually blend in sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and salt.
- Add eggs one 1 at a time. beating well after each addition.
- Pour the mix into the crust. Bake the cake for 25-30 mins until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean.
- Combine the remain ingredients. Spread over the top of the cheesecake. Bake for 10 mins longer.
- Cool on the wire rack. Chill at least 3 hours.
- 1 cup fresh and/or frozen strawberry
- 1 cup mixture of raspberry, blueberry, blackberry (optional)
- Cut strawberries in half
- Cook all the berries in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir often. After the berries become sauce, add sugar to taste.
[Note]: The taste of this berry sauce recipe is good but not great. I think I’ll try to add some orange juice or orange zest next time to see if I can get a better result.