輕乳酪蛋糕 Japanese style cheesecakePosted: April 26, 2012
Written on Feb. 04, 2010
- 100g cream cheese, softened
- 100g milk
- 2 eggs
- 20g cake flour
- 40g fine sugar (white)
- Use a double boiler, heat the milk and cream cheese until they blend well . Put the mixture in the freezer
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites. Put egg whites aside.
- Line the bottom of the cake tin with parchment paper. Butter the side of the cake pan.
- Sift in cake flour into the cheese-milk mixture. Combine egg yolks and the batter. Put the mixture in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 275 F (135 C). Fill the baking sheet with water.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy. Add sugar in egg whites tablespoon by tablespoon, beat until soft peak.
- Gently fold the batter and egg whites together. Use a whisk first and then a spatula. Make sure there is no egg whites at the bottom.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan. Bake in a bain marie (water bath). Bake for about 80 minutes.
- When the side of the cake is slightly separated from the cake pan (or when a skewer coming out clean), remove the cake from the oven.
- Wait until the cake is slightly cooled (and shrunk a bit), remove the cake from the cake pan. Let the cake cool on a wire rack. Put in the fridge for at least 6 hours.