蕃茄印地安麥莎莎醬 Tomato Quinoa SalsaPosted: April 26, 2012
Written on Dec. 28, 2008
- 1 cup of dry quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 larger tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 jalapeno chili, seeded and chopped
- as much chopped fresh cilantro as you can stand
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 diced avocado (optional)
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-meshed strainer first to remove the saponins.
- In a pan heat the quinoa and water until boiling. Reduce heat and simmer until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes (Don’t cover the pan so the quinoa will not turn mushy). Quinoa is done when you can see the curlique in each grain.
- Move the quinoa into a salad bowl, mix in tomato, garlic, red onion, jalapeno chili, cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold in avocado right before serve.