Butternut Parmesan PastaPosted: March 11, 2010
Ingredients: serve 4
- 1 butternut squash
- spaghetti, 8 ozs
- olive oil, 1 Tbsp
- shallot, 1/3 cup, chopped
- grated Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup (packed)
- heavy cream, 1/2 cup
- cinnamon, 1/8 tsp
- parsley, 1 Tbsp, chopped
- lemon juice, 2 tsps
- salt and pepper to taste
- Water or stock
- Peel and cut butternut squash into big chunks, steam butternut squash until soft. Use a blender to puree.
- Fill a pot with water and salt, bring it to a hard boil. Add the pasta, cook according to the package, with lid onboil.
- While the pasta is cooking, pour the olive oil into a wide skillet on medium heat. Add the shallots and sauté until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash purée and cook for about a minute. Add the cream. Stir in the Parmesan. Add the cinnamon, salt and pepper. Add water (or stock) to thin to the consistency you want. If smoother sauce is wanted, pour sauce back to the blender.
- When pasta is really, drain and mix it with the sauce in the skillet on low heat. Take off heat and add the parsley and lemon juice. Garnish with a little extra parsley and Parmesan. Serve immediately.
Reference: Simply Recipe