Corn Chowder 巧達玉米濃湯Posted: March 7, 2010
- 1 1/2 Tbsps unsalted butter
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp thyme leaves
- 1/2 large carrot, chopped
- 2 cups corn kernel
- 6 Tbsps all-purpose flour
- 1 medium Idaho potato, or Russet, peeled and diced
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cups heavy cream
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- Heat the butter in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and thyme and cook until the onion is golden and soft.
- In a pan, saute carrot for 4~5 minutes, take out and set aside
- In the same pan, saute corn kernel for 2 minutes.
- Add flour into the soup pot, cook until the flour is golden. Pour in stock and cream, add bay leaf, potato and carrot, bring it to boil. Reduce the heat to simmer until potatoes and carrots break down.
- Discard the bay leaf, stir in corn kernels. Season the soup with salt and pepper.