Roasted Vegetables (for sandwich)Posted: March 6, 2010
- zucchini, scrubbed and trimmed
- eggplant, trimmed and peeled
- sweet onion ( such as Vidalia or Maui), peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh basil
- 1/2cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Cut the zucchini lengthwise into thin slices and place in large bowl. Cut the eggplant and onion in half lengthwise, then crosswise into very thin slices and add to bowl. Add the garlic and half the basil. Drizzle with 4 tablespoons of the oil, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss until well mixed and coated.
- Transfer the vegetables to 2 large baking sheets. Roast, stirring and turning every 5 minutes, until very soft, 25 to 35 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.