方塊粉圓 Cubic BobaPosted: March 6, 2010
Ingredients: serve 3
- brown sugar 30g
- water 105g (if served cold, the amount needs to be increased a bit)
- tapioca powder 120g+（太白粉，地瓜粉，樹薯粉）
- Add brown sugar to water, stir and wait until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add tapioca powder into the solution, use egg beater to blend the powder into the sugar solution.
- Prepare a stainless steel flat bottom container. Pour the mixture into the container. Make sure the height is less than 0.8cm. Steam the mixture for about 5 minutes (starts counting when the water boils). The mixture will turn into jelly.
- After the gel is cool enough, take out the jelly from the container (it should fairly easy to do so). Cut the jelly into cubes. Sprinkle some tapioca powder on the cubes to prevent sticking.
- Shake the cubes in a sifter to sift out some extra tapioca powder. We can store the cubic boba at this point. If packaged tightly, the boba can be stored in the fridge for 2 days or in the freezer for several month.
- Boil a pot of water, put in the cubic bobas, stir to prevent sticking.
- After the water boils again, turn to low heat, cook for 5 more minutes. Scoop out the bobas
- Mix some sugar with the boba, the sugar should dissolve immediently. Eat the bobas within several hours.
P.S. To make the cubic boba more beautiful, use half hot water-half cold water instead of all cold water when dissolve sugar and tapioca powder.